What is conveyancing?
Conveyancing is the legal process behind every house sale and purchase. Although you can manage the legal side of a property transaction yourself, for convenience and peace of mind, most people choose to use a solicitor or specialist conveyancing firm.
Every house purchase and sale is different but in general a conveyancer will manage things like:
- Dealing with the Land Registry
- Stamp duty charges and payments
- Collecting and transferring funds
- Providing legal advice and recommendations
- Drawing up and assessing contracts
- Conducting local searches