Finding an agent who charges low fees will no doubt be high on your priority list. But cost is just one consideration – you want to be confident that your estate agent will handle the sale efficiently and professionally.
Try to choose an agent who has experience of selling property like yours. Look at local listings to see which agents are active in your area and choose a few. Invite them round to give a valuation and spend some time talking to them. Try to think about how they will come across to someone who is looking to buy your home.
Key questions you should ask include:
- How many similar properties have you sold? At what price?
- How long did it take to sell the properties?
- How many buyers are looking for properties like yours?
- How and where will it promote your property?
- What are its charges, and when do you have to pay?
- What price would they market your property for? What house price would they expect you to get?
- Do they allow you to put your property on with other agents, and are there higher fees if you do?
Remember, although it’s tempting to go with the estate agent who gives the highest valuation there’s no guarantee they will offer the best service. And if they have overvalued your property it may put off potential buyers.
Talk mortgages with our experts0292 267 0274
Calls are free from mobiles and landlines
- 8am - 8pm
- Tuesday - Thursday
- 8am - 8pm
- 8am - 6pm
- 9am - 3pm
- 10am - 4pm
- Public holidays